Saturday, May 28, 2011

True Love

I recently got out of a relationship that straight from the beginning there was an instant attraction. Love at first site. Something I'd never believed in before I met him in person. It makes me sad and happy to think about. Until recently I thought we could be soul mates. I'm not so sure any more. We are very different people and I think we both need very different things from the people we're in committed relationships with. I want someone to grow old with. To love and accept for the wondrous crazy person they are. To accept their faults and weaknesses. I don't think I ever got that fully from him. I loved him so dearly and so fully that it's so hard to think about not having that with him, but that's just the way things go. I know that I need that in return 100%. I think I'm a very strong person but I have my fears and worries. My fear of acceptance. My depression that seems to eat away at my very soul. I know he needed someone to stimulate him in every aspect of life. An equal to challenge him. I know that I didn't give that to him and that I'm sorry for that. I wish we could have been what the other needed. In the beginning we were, but not anymore. I hope we'll be friends again one day. He's a wonderful man including all his faults. It'll take time but I know we'll both move on and find the one other person that meets what we need. That person that we can give 100% of ourselves to. I look forward to that day for both of us. One day far away from now I know I'll be able to love another as fully and as deeply as I loved him. Not anytime soon. But with time the heart can heal itself. It always does.

We're such fragile and strong creatures. All at the same Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment